View count: 3330


Extending a Visitor Visa

An extendable Visitor’s Visa (60/90 days) can be extended up to a maximum of 180 days, as long as the student maintains good academic standing and class attendance as a full-time student. At the end of 180 days, you must go abroad and obtain a new Visitor Visa from the local Taiwan embassy, before reentry into Taiwan. Alternatively, long-term students may desire to apply for a Resident Visa in Taipei or Kaohsiung after 4 months of continual Chinese language class enrollment.

In order to extend a Visitor Visa, students need to submit those following to the local Immigration Agency:

√ 2 copies of Enrollment Certificate & Attendance Record

√ Student Identification Card

√ Passport

√ Proof of payment for future session enrollment at our Center

√ “Multiple-Purpose Application Form for Foreigners” form

♦ žThe Service Center of Immigration Agency in Yilan

4F., No. 16, Ln. 160, Sec. 3, Fuxing Rd., Luodong Township, Yilan City.

Applying Resident Visa

Students may apply for Residence Visa if they:

ž♦ have continuously studied at the CLC for four months

ž♦ have an excellent study and attendance record

ž♦ intend to continue studying at the CLC for at least three months

ž♦ left Taiwan less than two weeks during the period of studying at CLC

To apply for a Resident Visa, you must first go the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taipei. After receiving paperwork for the visa application, you must complete and submit them to the Immigration Agency within 15 days to avoid being fined. The actual Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) will be issued by the Immigration Agency.

Please prepare the following: 

√ Online Application Form  (https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw)

√ Certificate of Enrollment

√ Attendance Record

√ Grade Transcript

√ Student Identification Card (issued by CLC)

√ Study Plan

√ Financial Statement demonstrating a total balance of least NT$60,000 (including transaction records)

√ Health Certificate

√ 2 ID-sized photos

√ Passport

√ Any and all application fees;

√ Proof of payment for enrollment in following semester(s).

√ Please contact with the MOFA Southern Taiwan Office if any problems occurred.

ž♦ BOCA Taipei Headquarters

3rd Fl., No. 2-2, JiNan Rd., 1st Sec., ZhongZheng Dist., Taipei City

TEL: 02-2343-2888